Recent aviation safety papers and conference
presentations by AAT include the following (for Word document of any
paper, please contact: email@example.com):
- Perimeter Security Radar, Passenger Terminal
World, November 2006.
- Surface Movement
Radar, Air Traffic Technology International, October 2006.
- Impact of Hypoxia on Flight Crew, Cabin
Safety Conference, Royal Aeronautical Society, London, May 2006.
- Offshore Search and Rescue, Final Report,
European Commission, September 2005.
- Galileo and Road Tolling, ETSI, Sophia
Antipolis, November 2004.
- Measurement of Fatigue, Flight Safety
Symposium, Royal Aeronautical Society, London, 12-13th October 2004.
- Aircraft and Airport Evacuation using
Directional Sound, Aviation Fire Europe 2004 Conference, Amsterdam, 6-8th
- Galileo Receiver
Development, Aerospace Testing International, September 2004.
- Testing for Fatigue, Drugs & Alcohol,
Intersec, Sandown Park, June 2004.
- Datalink Flight
Testing, Aerospace Testing International, September 2003.
Datalinks, Air Traffic Technology International, September 2003.
- Screening Crew and Ground Staff, Cabin
Safety, Brighton, 19-20th May, 2003.
Screening, Passenger Terminal World 2003, Hamburg, 25-28th February,
- Drugs and Alcohol
Screening, Aviation Security, December 2002.
- Confidential Human Factors
Incident Reporting, Flight Deck International, March 2002.
- The Single European
Sky, Flight Deck International, March 2002.
- LED Cabin Lighting
Systems, Aircraft Interiors Expo 2002, Hamburg, April 2002.
- Directional Sound: Improving Aircraft
Evacuation, Cabin Interiors, Dec. 2001.
Sound: Improving Airport Evacuation, Passenger Terminal World, June
- Airbus: Human
Factors in the Cockpit, Flight Deck International, November 2001.
- Offshore Applications of ADS-B, Automatic Dependent
Surveillance Forum and Conference, 25th-26th October 2001, Hotel Okura,
- Passenger Path Control, Advanced Airport
Technologies, 24th-27th September 2001, The Hilton, Amsterdam
- Building a Business Case for Datalink
Applications, CNS Technologies for ATM Operations and Integration Conference,
24th-27th September 2001, The Hilton, Amsterdam
- Civil/Military Airspace Integration, Civil
and Military ATC conference,
10-11th September 2001, Hatton Garden,
European Satellite Navigation System, Flight Deck International, September
Standard for VDL mode 4, ETSI, March 2001.
download location for VDL mode 4 Standard.
- Datalink Options,
www.rmr-aviation2001.com, March 2001.
Implementing ADS-B, CNS/ATM conference, Taipei, March 2001.
Implementing ADS-B, www.rmr-aviation2001.com, March 2001.
On-line Booking Systems, Airline Management Decisions, March 2001.
- easyJet Internet Business Model, ACI
Airport Technology, March 2001.
- Operational Benefits of Head Up
Displays, Flight Deck International, Feb. 2001.
Technical Liability in Satellite Navigation, GPS Procedures conference,
Versaille France, October 2000. Powerpoint
Russia:Implementing Surveillance System Based on VDL Mode 4 , Air Traffic
Technology International 2001, October 2000.
Datalink: Fact and Fiction, CPDLC Conference, Rome, May 2000.
Powerpoint presentation here
Electronic Flight Bag: An Integrated Crew Information System, Flight Deck,
Russia:Implementing Surveillance System Based on VDL Mode 4 , Flight Deck,
Technical Liability in Satellite Navigation, CNS/ATM Conference, Taipei,
- Implementing Low Cost Airport
Systems with VDL Mode 4, China ATC, February 2000.
Choosing the Right Datalink, Airline Management Decisions, February
Bio-Sensor: Substance Detection at Airports, Passenger Terminal world,
- VDL Mode 4: Implementing ADS-B,
Air Traffic Solutions, December 1999.
- VDL Mode 4 - Towards Implementation, Air
Traffic Technology International, Nov. '99.
- Free Flight and Collaborative
ATM, Air Traffic Technology International, Oct '99.
- ADS-B in Search & Rescue, Offshore SAR
Safety Conference, Aberdeen, Oct '99.
Technical Liability in Satellite Navigation, Flight International Conf,
Amsterdam, Sept '99.
- Advanced Aircraft Architectures,
Flight Deck, March 1999.
Airline Operational Communications, Flight Deck, March 1999.
- Improving Pilot Situation Awareness, CNS/ATM
Seminar, Taipei, March '99.
- Nean Update Programme, CNS/ATM Seminar,
Taipei, March '99.
the Safety of Communications, CNS/ATM Seminar, Taipei, March '99.
- Developing CNS/ATM Infrastructure, CNS/ATM
Seminar, Jakarta, Feb. '99.
- Towards Free Flight and Collaborative ATM,
Air Traffic Equipment International, Oct '98.
- Trajectory Concept and ADS-B, Flight
International Conference, Amsterdam, Sept '98.
- Pro-active Safety Culture, Airport and ATM
Conference, London, May '98.
- Advanced Avionics Architectures, (Kilchert,
Lindberg, O'Neil): -
- ICAO CNS/ATM Conference, Rio de Janeiro, May '98
- RTCA/Eurocae Meeting, Ottowa, May '98.
- FAA/Eurocontrol Joint
R&D meeting, Washington, May '98
- Airline User Meeting, Stockholm,
March '98 -
- CNS/ATM Seminar, Taipei, March '98. ADS-B and
Free Flight, GPS Procedures Design Seminar, Geneva, Jan. '98.
- CNS/ATM Certification and Free Flight, Free
Flight Conference, London, January '98.
- An Overview of European ATM Legislation, NEAN
Project, November '97.
- ADS-B Certification, CEAS Conference on ATM,
Amsterdam, October '97.
- ADS-B Certification, Air Traffic Technology
International, October '97.
- CNS/ATM Certification, ATM Europe Conference,
London, June '97.
- Certification Case Studies, ATS Engineering
Conference, Bournemouth, May '97.
- ADS-B Certification Case Studies, Airline
Users Meeting, Stockholm, December, '96.
- ADS-B Certification Case Studies, Royal
Aeronautical Society Symposium, October, '96.
- Towards Certification of ADS-B, Flight
CNS/ATM Conference, Amsterdam, October, '96.
- The EMC Directive, UK CAA Engineering
Conference, Brighton, May 1996.
- ETR 1506: A Survey of Aeronautical Mobile
Earth Station Standardisation, ETSI, April '96.
- Security and the ATN, ICAO ATN Panel,
Seattle, March '96.
- The Development of an ATN Safety Case, ICAO
ATN Panel, Seattle, March '96.
- Towards GNSS Certification, Airline
Navigation Conference '95, Amsterdam, Sept. '95.
- Safety Certification in an International
Market, CSSA seminar, London, May '95
- Future Technologies and Safety, ATS
Engineering conference, Blackpool, May '95.
- ADS: A Certification Case Study:
Eurocontrol IAR Task Force, Brussels, February '95
- Eurocontrol OCR Task
Force, Brussels, January '95.
- Safety Regulation of GNSS, UK Position Paper,
ICAO GNSS Panel, Montreal, October '94.
- The Certification of GNSS:-
- ATC '94,
Maastricht, February '94;
- ATC 2000, Kuala Lumpur, May '94;
Engineering Conference, Bristol, May '94
- Global Navcomm '94, Geneva,
- Landing Systems Conference, Geneva, October '94.
- The Harmonisation of European Safety
Regulation, Position Paper, November '94.
- Safety Regulatory Objectives, Position Paper,
- Separating Service Provision from Safety
Regulation, Position paper, May '94.
- European Standards in ATM, ATS Engineering
Conference, Bristol, May '94.
- Development of Engineering Requirements, ATS
Engineering Conference, Bristol, May '94.
- ATS Engineering Requirements, UK CAA (CAP
581), Jan. 1994.
- Security of ATS Facilities, ATS Engineering
Conference, Birmingham, May '93.
- Security of Aeronautical Telecommunications,
Eurocontrol ATN Meeting, Alton, Jan. '93.
- The Development of Safety Cases, Eurocontrol
ATN meeting, Alton, England, Jan. '93.
- ATS Systems Safety Cases, ATS Engineering
Conference, York, May '91.